C030520: Senior Solution Architect
St. Louis, MO
Starting as a salaried fulltime employee of Ferguson Consulting for 12 months, then converting to our client as their fulltime employee, you will function as a contract IT resource in the role of Senior Solution Architect at the enterprise level for our telecommunications client in Maryland Heights, MO.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide subject matter expertise for an assigned technology domain
- Contribute to the execution of proofs-of-concept for new approaches and platforms
- Provide technical assistance to development and operations personnel on new system projects and existing systems
- Participate in collaborations with business and technical teams to review conflicts/gaps between functional goals and existing capabilities
- Provide written documentation for business and technical teams of those discussions and conclusions
- Adhere to best practices for code development, version control, test automation and build automation.
- Contribute to the formulation of architecture approaches to specific client development initiatives
- Participates in high-level of collaboration and coordination with other architecture groups
- Keep current with trends and technological innovations in the Cable and IT industry, and make appropriate development recommendations
Who You Are:
- 5+ years technical experience in software engineering and architecture
- Delivery experience in development of highly scalable software platforms
- Strong knowledge of currently used programming languages (Java, node.js, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with software architecture design
- Technical background in software design and development
- Solution Architecture and Integration experience
- Data Modeling experience. Determine relationships.
- Able to look at a situation, analyze, and determine what are they looking to solve.
- Understand the problem, dissect, able to create a solution, and present it as a solution.
- Service orchestration experience.
- Ability to speak with leadership
- Persuasive and have the ability to bring people together.
- Ability to bridge a business problem and analytical skills to solve complex technology and business problems
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendation
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
- Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
Nice to Have:
- Masters degree preferred
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred
- Cable experience a plus
We hire IT professionals who like to work with smart people and can hold their own in a demanding environment. Our employees build a career at Ferguson. Here IT isn’t a support function for our business – it IS our business. We strive to develop a professional relationship with each employee – and that is what you are, our direct employee. Our pay and benefit levels recognize the advanced skills of our talented staff members. In addition, we are unique in our market in the emphasis that we place on continuing education, including an annual training allowance that is an integral part of our compensation package. This kind of investment in our employees’ professional development is an important contributor to making Ferguson a desirable place to build an IT career. As a W-2 employee, your first assignment will be just that – the first of many. Our goal is to establish a long-term employee relationship with you.
Highly competitive base salary.
$.60/$1 401K match
160 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) Benefits
Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Training allowance for Leading Industry Professional Training with SLU/Wash U.
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a change and/or are interested in building or continuing your career as an IT professional and have the ability to thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume to Andrew Scheffel at email@example.com
Please review our website fergusonconsultinginc.com and find out more about who we are and what we can do for you.
W-2 CANDIDATES ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP.
Ferguson is free from biases for or against any individual or group of candidates. We are inclusive and celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. Ferguson believes diversity drives innovation and that difference is valued. We build a culture where we are committed to cultivating and preserving inclusion. We’re always growing our network of people, opportunities and tools to help our employees develop, advance and manage their career paths. Our diverse team of employees enables us to learn better together as a collective team. Ferguson welcomes all qualified applicants in consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.