F09082020: Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Java)
St. Louis, MO
As a salaried fulltime employee of Ferguson Consulting, you will function as a contract IT resource in the role of Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Java) at the enterprise level for our financial services client in St. Louis, MO.
As a Ferguson Consulting employee, and a consultant to our end client, you can focus on your technical skills development and career versus becoming a client SME - which is always in your best interest.
The Treasury Division at our client site is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Java). This Contractor will report to a Manager and will design, test, and implement Java-based automation frameworks using industry standard software development practices, techniques, and tools. The Contractor will also support the design and development of complex automation frameworks and common libraries in Java deploying to Java EE Application Servers. Additionally, the Contractor will provide assistance to DevSecOp teams to build automated CICD pipelines; and provide technical support and guidance to the Division’s testing functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, test and implement enterprise automation frameworks for unit testing, service layer and UI layer for web applications
- Provide estimates of level of work effort and time for completion.
- Develop and unit test complex common code package or logic using Java to support the CICD pipeline automation
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Perform code review and quality assurance checks
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience designing, testing, and implementing Java-based web applications
- Expert on Java and Java EE technologies
- Expert working with Agile development methodologies
- Solid experience with Version Control systems such as GIT
- Experience with Spring Projects such as Spring Boot, SpringMVC, Spring Data required
- Familiar with implementing standard best practices (e.g. secure programming, Java patterns, and Test Driven Development)
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Position requires US Citizen or lawful permanent resident with three or more years of US residency
- Configuring automated CI/CD pipelines and able to use automation tools such as: Bamboo/Jenkins and Selenium; developing in a Cloud (AWS) environment; Hibernate and Spring; SOAP or REST services; WebLogic and/or WebSphere;
- Oracle RDBMS or other relational databases; issue tracking tools such as JIRA
We hire IT professionals who like to work with smart people and can hold their own in a demanding environment. Our employees build a career at Ferguson. Here IT isn’t a support function for our business – it IS our business. We strive to develop a professional relationship with each employee – and that is what you are, our direct employee. Our pay and benefit levels recognize the advanced skills of our talented staff members. In addition, we are unique in our market in the emphasis that we place on continuing education, including an annual training allowance that is an integral part of our compensation package. This kind of investment in our employees’ professional development is an important contributor to making Ferguson a desirable place to build an IT career. As a W-2 employee, your first assignment will be just that – the first of many. Our goal is to establish a long-term employee relationship with you.
Highly competitive base salary.
$.60/$1 401K match
160 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) Benefits
Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Training allowance for Leading Industry Professional Training with SLU/Wash U.
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a change and/or are interested in building or continuing your career as an IT professional and have the ability to thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume to Andrew Scheffel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our website fergusonconsultinginc.com and find out more about who we are and what we can do for you.
W-2 CANDIDATES ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP.
Ferguson is free from biases for or against any individual or group of candidates. We are inclusive and celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. Ferguson believes diversity drives innovation and that difference is valued. We build a culture where we are committed to cultivating and preserving inclusion. We’re always growing our network of people, opportunities and tools to help our employees develop, advance and manage their career paths. Our diverse team of employees enables us to learn better together as a collective team. Ferguson welcomes all qualified applicants in consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.