F09082020FTE: DevOps Systems Engineer – Site Reliability Engineer
St. Louis, MO
As a full-time employee for our financial services client in Downtown St. Louis, MO, you will function in the role of DevOps Systems Engineer – Site Reliability Engineer.
The Benefits: Pension plan, 401K, Comprehensive Insurance Plans, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center, Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult), and more
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Systems Engineer – Site Reliability Engineer, experienced in cloud-based infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code, and full stack development to work within the Application Integration & Support (AIS) team. As the Systems Engineer you will report to the Application Integration & Support Manager and design new and enhance existing infrastructure solutions and leverage experience to help set technology direction. You will have strong logic and problem-solving skills, a “big-picture” thinker with the insight to guide creation and maintenance of cutting-edge, reusable enterprise technology solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with an emphasis on DevSecOps and provide peer review for teammates who do this.
- Take ownership of existing technology solutions, design and recommend improvements that increase efficiency, resiliency, and reduce manual effort
- Develop and lead the peer review process for Infrastructure as Code (IaC), maintained in a code repository. IaC tools include Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell, bash and Python.
- Act as a subject matter expert for infrastructure operations, cloud and on-prem; act as an escalation point for System Admins.
- Lead the implementation of additional tools and processes that maintain an automation first approach to infrastructure and middleware management.
- Will be capable of leading the migration of applications currently hosted on-prem to the cloud. Specifically not “lift-and-shift” or only developing a manual server-based cloud environment. The Client wants candidates who are familiar with cloud native services, micro service architecture, and containerization strategies, using tools such as Kubernetes and Docker, and deploying these services via Infrastructure as Code.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in information systems with a combination of the following:
- Extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems, such as CentOS
- Extensive knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, Python, shell scripting, and other automation tools, preferred
- Full stack application development experience, including CI/CD pipeline development, automated builds, testing, and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience building and maintaining infrastructure solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS), including tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, Lambda, and serverless deployments
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevSecOps methods of planning and organizing work
- Experience with infrastructure and application load balancing and autoscaling
- Understands the basic principles of application development including the use of a code repository and branching methods. Ideally, the candidate has been or is an application developer, but they must have the cloud infrastructure experience as well
- Traditional Infrastructure Systems Engineers (like people who used to be Linux Sys Admins) that have furthered their knowledge to understand Infrastructure as Code, maintaining the code in a repository, understanding how to branch / check-in code would be good candidates. Design complex full-stack cloud and on-premises technology solutions in collaboration with application development teams, in alignment with vision established by technology and product leaders.
- Experience engineering pipelines or infrastructure solutions using Ansible and / or Terraform
- Ability to communicate complex technology concepts, deep dive into the technical details and adjust communication styles to the intended audience (business or technical)
- Is a subject matter expert on cloud infrastructure and designing solutions for automated infrastructure delivery and application deployment to the cloud (CI/CD)
- Very strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study, or commensurate experience; technical certification preferred
- Candidates requiring sponsorship are not being considered at this time
- Travel 5%
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a change and/or are interested in building or continuing your career as an IT professional and have the ability to thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume to Ryan Bozue at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our website fergusonconsultinginc.com and find out more about who we are and what we can do for you.
W-2 CANDIDATES ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP.
Ferguson is free from biases for or against any individual or group of candidates. We are inclusive and celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. Ferguson believes diversity drives innovation and that difference is valued. We build a culture where we are committed to cultivating and preserving inclusion. We’re always growing our network of people, opportunities and tools to help our employees develop, advance and manage their career paths. Our diverse team of employees enables us to learn better together as a collective team. Ferguson welcomes all qualified applicants in consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.