St. Louis, MO
As a FTE of Ferguson Consulting, you will function as a contract IT resource in the role
Infrastructure Automation Engineerat the enterprise level for our telecommunications client in O’Fallon, MO. As a Ferguson employee, and a consultant to our end client, you are able to focus on your technical skills development - which is always in your best interest, and what Ferguson does best.
You will be working with the Cloud Integration team. This team provides consulting and guidance to application teams helping them to leverage existing CI/CD services to enable quicker and safer delivery of software into production.
- Work across the organization to identify gaps in automation capabilities
- Design and develop new automation capabilities
- Seek opportunities to codify and evangelize reusable patterns and practices
- Help application teams adopt existing CI/CD services
- Promote and evangelize a DevOps mindset across the organization
- Curate and/or lead automation training
- Ensure CI/CD offerings are developer friendly and simple to consume
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Advanced application development background
- Advanced object oriented and/or functional programming
- Understanding of clean code and SOLID design principles
- Advanced experience in writing automated tests
- Intermediate understanding of Linux
- Ability to quickly learn new programming languages and frameworks
- Passion for technology and a desire to mentor others
- Works with a sense of urgency and purpose
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation and CI/CD pipelines
- History of success
- Excellent communicator and comfortable speaking to large audiences
- Strong desire to become an expert in Infrastructure Automation
We hire IT professionals who like to work with smart people and can hold their own in a demanding environment. Our employees build a career at Ferguson. Here IT isn’t a support function for our business – it IS our business. We strive to develop a professional relationship with each employee – and that is what you are, our direct employee. Our pay and benefit levels recognize the advanced skills of our talented staff members. In addition, we are unique in our market in the emphasis that we place on continuing education, including an annual training allowance that is an integral part of our compensation package. This kind of investment in our employees’ professional development is an important contributor to making Ferguson a desirable place to build an IT career. As a W-2 employee, your first assignment will be just that – the first of many. Our goal is to establish a long-term employee relationship with you.
Highly competitive base salary.
$.60/$1 401K match
160 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) Benefits
Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Training allowance for Leading Industry Professional Training with SLU/Wash U.
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a change and/or are interested in building or continuing your career as an IT professional and have the ability to thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume to Nickie Hill at email@example.com
Please review our website fergusonconsultinginc.com and find out more about who we are and what we can do for you.