C030320: Senior Quality Assurance Tester
St. Louis, MO
Starting as a salaried fulltime employee of Ferguson Consulting for 6 months, then converting to our client as their fulltime employee, you will function as a contract IT resource in the role of Senior QA Tester at the enterprise level for our telecommunications client in Maryland Heights, MO.
In this role you are expected to perform as a test lead on the business side who has experience with User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing. You are expected to self-manage, be a point person for the application and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
What You'll Do:
- Execute manual test cases through a UI and document results
- Perform and manage, UAT, integration, regression, and performance testing
- Maintain test cases/scripts based on ongoing changes to applications, tools and environment
- Work directly with developers and analysts in a scrum-like fashion
- Ensure Standards and Guidelines are followed with QA Reviews
- Ensure that system tests are successfully completed and documented
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to enhance the effectiveness of software quality assurance strategies
- Execute detailed data validation testing plans, test suites, test cases and test scripts
- Document and escalate issues
- Report performance matrix and weekly/daily progress using the ALM system reports
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience working as a QA Analyst / Tester
- Good understanding of STLC principles and must have previous experience working within a scrum, or within a DevOps environment
- Strong experience with UAT and regression testing
- Ability to triage defects and escalate appropriately
- Ability to execute testing based on discerned priority
- Ability to assist others in running scenarios/staging accounts
- Ability to test hotfix or miscellaneous deployment
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team across multiple projects
- Must be willing to work overtime and non-standard shifts as needed for deployments
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Must have strong organizational skills
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Nice to Have:
- Experience in writing automated test scripts using tools such as Selenium
- Experience in working with TestRail and Jmeter is a plus.
We hire IT professionals who like to work with smart people and can hold their own in a demanding environment. Our employees build a career at Ferguson. Here IT isn’t a support function for our business – it IS our business. We strive to develop a professional relationship with each employee – and that is what you are, our direct employee. Our pay and benefit levels recognize the advanced skills of our talented staff members. In addition, we are unique in our market in the emphasis that we place on continuing education, including an annual training allowance that is an integral part of our compensation package. This kind of investment in our employees’ professional development is an important contributor to making Ferguson a desirable place to build an IT career. As a W-2 employee, your first assignment will be just that – the first of many. Our goal is to establish a long-term employee relationship with you.
Highly competitive base salary.
$.60/$1 401K match
160 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) Benefits
Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Training allowance for Leading Industry Professional Training with SLU/Wash U.
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a change and/or are interested in building or continuing your career as an IT professional and have the ability to thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume to Ryan Bozue at email@example.com
Please review our website fergusonconsultinginc.com and find out more about who we are and what we can do for you.
W-2 CANDIDATES ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP.
Ferguson is free from biases for or against any individual or group of candidates. We are inclusive and celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. Ferguson believes diversity drives innovation and that difference is valued. We build a culture where we are committed to cultivating and preserving inclusion. We’re always growing our network of people, opportunities and tools to help our employees develop, advance and manage their career paths. Our diverse team of employees enables us to learn better together as a collective team. Ferguson welcomes all qualified applicants in consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.