C08212020: Senior Business Analyst
St. Louis, MO
As a salaried fulltime employee of Ferguson Consulting, you will function as a contract IT resource in the role of Senior Business Analyst, on the IT side, for our telecommunications client in St. Louis, MO.
As a Ferguson Consulting employee, and a consultant to our end client, you can focus on your technical skills development and career versus becoming a client SME - which is always in your best interest.
What You’ll Do:
- Gather, refine and validate complex business requirements, inter-dependencies, potential risks and issues
- Analyze complex business partners’ operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes, functions, and systems
- Assess available technologies to create development specifications
- Provide in-depth technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements
- Consult with management and users to determine the needs of the system
- Design a system to meet the business goals
- Specify inputs and formatting outputs to meet users’ needs
- Oversee implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance
- Perform both programming and analysis tasks on business systems
- Facilitate communication and gains commitment between business units to align solutions with business strategies
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess cost/benefit, efficiency and technical viability of solutions to business problems
Who You Are:
- Experience with eliciting and documenting business requirements from stakeholders
- Strong business analyst skills and the ability to take ownership and move a project through the process successfully
- Strong experience with User Stories and/or Use Cases
- Experience creating traceability matrices
- Strong business process modeling skills
- Strong functional requirements skills
- Ability to pick things up quickly and adapt quickly to new environments
- Strong ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
We hire IT professionals who like to work with smart people and can hold their own in a demanding environment. Our employees build a career at Ferguson. Here IT isn’t a support function for our business – it IS our business. We strive to develop a professional relationship with each employee – and that is what you are, our direct employee. Our pay and benefit levels recognize the advanced skills of our talented staff members. In addition, we are unique in our market in the emphasis that we place on continuing education, including an annual training allowance that is an integral part of our compensation package. This kind of investment in our employees’ professional development is an important contributor to making Ferguson a desirable place to build an IT career. As a W-2 employee, your first assignment will be just that – the first of many. Our goal is to establish a long-term employee relationship with you.
Highly competitive base salary.
$.60/$1 401K match
160 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) Benefits
Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Training allowance for Leading Industry Professional Training with SLU/Wash U.
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a change and/or are interested in building or continuing your career as an IT professional and have the ability to thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume to Ryan Bozue at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our website fergusonconsultinginc.com and find out more about who we are and what we can do for you.
W-2 CANDIDATES ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP.
Ferguson is free from biases for or against any individual or group of candidates. We are inclusive and celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. Ferguson believes diversity drives innovation and that difference is valued. We build a culture where we are committed to cultivating and preserving inclusion. We’re always growing our network of people, opportunities and tools to help our employees develop, advance and manage their career paths. Our diverse team of employees enables us to learn better together as a collective team. Ferguson welcomes all qualified applicants in consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.