C08182020: Senior Java Developer
St. Louis, MO
As a fulltime employee of Ferguson Consulting, you will function as a contract IT resource in the role Senior Java Developer at the enterprise level for our telecommunications client in St. Louis, MO. As a Ferguson Consulting employee, and a consultant to our end client, you can focus on your technical skills development and career versus becoming a client SME - which is always in your best interest.
In this role you will have the opportunity to learn a new software (Camunda) that will be used throughout the telecommunications industry. Camunda is drag, drop, and configure, easy to learn, but you will need be able to put things together in Java. Our client is looking for a developer who will technically implement workflows in the Camunda system.
Our client is developing a services based middleware layer for their Ordering platform. This project is focused on constructing a system framework that enables service virtualization, workflow orchestration and message transformation through configuration-based systems.
Project Technical Stack:
- Service exposure and governance: Akana
- Middleware transformation and config layer: Custom Java Application leveraging JOLT
- Workflow Engine: Camunda
What You’ll Do:
- Technically implement workflows in Camunda system
- Design, implement and unit test server-side JEE/Java code.
- Assist in onboarding new API end points, develop and enhance automation.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Work with 3rd parties, Operations and IT teams to help support production environments.
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality.
- Work with the Technical Lead to write and review technical specifications as required, meeting the objectives of functional specifications. Specifically, identifying specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures or functions as required.
- Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
- Collaborate with Systems Support Analyst to resolve 3rd party questions and issues assist with portal enhancements/support. This would be to customize and support UI portal.
Who You Are:
- Proficient in object oriented development and Java Enterprise concepts (minimum 5 years of experience)
- Spring Platform (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, Spring Cloud), minimum 3 years of experience
- Development of Web Services/REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML/SOA, minimum 3 years of experience
- Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins CI or similar)
- Builds on Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform (GitHub), minimum 1 year of experience
- Unit testing frameworks
- RHEL, Java App servers (Tomcat, GlassFish, Jetty), Linux/Unix
- Experience working with Oracle and Mongo databases
- Familiarity with Agile including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Microservices development is a plus
- Experience with Camunda is a plus
We hire IT professionals who like to work with smart people and can hold their own in a demanding environment. Our employees build a career at Ferguson. Here IT isn’t a support function for our business – it IS our business. We strive to develop a professional relationship with each employee – and that is what you are, our direct employee. Our pay and benefit levels recognize the advanced skills of our talented staff members. In addition, we are unique in our market in the emphasis that we place on continuing education, including an annual training allowance that is an integral part of our compensation package. This kind of investment in our employees’ professional development is an important contributor to making Ferguson a desirable place to build an IT career. As a W-2 employee, your first assignment will be just that – the first of many. Our goal is to establish a long-term employee relationship with you.
Highly competitive base salary.
$.60/$1 401K match
160 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) Benefits
Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Training allowance for Leading Industry Professional Training with SLU/Wash U.
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a change and/or are interested in building or continuing your career as an IT professional and have the ability to thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume to Andy Scheffel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our website fergusonconsultinginc.com and find out more about who we are and what we can do for you.
W-2 CANDIDATES ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP.
Ferguson is free from biases for or against any individual or group of candidates. We are inclusive and celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. Ferguson believes diversity drives innovation and that difference is valued. We build a culture where we are committed to cultivating and preserving inclusion. We’re always growing our network of people, opportunities and tools to help our employees develop, advance and manage their career paths. Our diverse team of employees enables us to learn better together as a collective team. Ferguson welcomes all qualified applicants in consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.